Aging & Disability Resource Connection
The Mission of the Cape May County Department of Aging and Disability Services is to promote the well-being and inclusion of older persons and those adults with disabilities in Cape May County, by providing information and education, and developing and advocating for services that assist these citizens to maintain independence and quality of life and make informed choices about their long-term care needs.
- Information and Assistance
- Congregate Nutrition at all four of our senior centers
- Mobile Meals (Meals on Wheels)
- JACC Program (Jersey Assistance for Community Care Giving)
- Prescription Card Program
- Senior Centers
Lower Cape Senior Center - 609-886-5161
North Wildwood Senior Center - 609-522-7611
Upper Township Wellness Center - 609-390-9409
Ocean City Senior Center - 609-399-0055
- State Health Insurance and Assistance Program (SHIP)
Schedule of Public Meetings
Department of Aging Advisory Council / APG Service Provider Meetings for 2017
- Location (March, September, December meetings only)
Social Services Building
4005 Route 9 South
Rio Grande, NJ 08242
Service Providers Meeting Dates
- Thursday, March 9, 2017 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 8, 2017 - 10 a.m.
- (Lower Township Senior Center 2612 Bayshore Road Villas, NJ 08251)
Advisory Council Meeting Dates
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 10a.m.
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, June 20, 2017 - 10 a.m.
- (Ocean City Senior Center 1735 Simpson Ave, Ocean City, NJ )
- Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 11 a.m.
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 - 11 a.m. (Location TBA)
43rd Annual Cape May County Senior Art Show was June 8-27, 2017
The Cape May County Division of Aging and Disability Services held its 43rd Annual Senior Art Show on June 8-27, 2017 at the Cape May County Campus of ACCC in Cape May Court House. The show was open to county residents who are 60 years of age or older. Professional and non-professional artists of all skill levels were encouraged to enter.
The categories this year were; Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Pastel, Drawing, Sculpture, Photography, Digital/Computer Art, Mixed Media, Craft, and Print.
Winners of this show may be eligible for entry into the 51st Annual NJ State Senior Citizens Art Show held in East Windsor, NJ.
For information, please call the Division of Aging & Disability Services and ask for Evelyn or Patty @ 609-886-2784.
“Register Ready – New Jersey’s Special Needs Registry for Disasters” allows New Jersey's residents with access and functional needs and their families, friends and associates an opportunity to provide information to emergency response agencies, so emergency responders can better plan to serve them in a disaster or other emergency.
Celebrate Long-Term Living
Americans are living longer and staying healthier than ever before. More and more people are remaining in their own homes and communities.
The Cape May County Department of Aging and Disability Services is proud to provide Administration on Aging-sponsored programs to help older citizens. We encourage older persons to eat better and keep active. It’s never too early to begin exploring options available to you or to a loved one. We urge you to begin planning now.
For more information, please call us at 609-886-2784.