Resolutions & FAQs
The Board of Chosen Freeholders is carefully and thoroughly monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on our communities and taking actions recommended by the Directors of Public Health and Emergency Management to combat the spread of the virus and protect the health and welfare of all Cape May County residents. The following information is to help you better understand the restrictions imposed by County Resolution 250-20.
Cape May County is following the CDC guidelines and requires adherence to those coming to stay in the county to practice social distancing of 6 feet, self quarantine for 14 days and wear a mask or protective covering over your mouth and nose when in public.
- When does the County’s resolution prohibiting lodging of new transient guests or seasonal tenants take effect?
- Has the County’s resolution prohibiting lodging of new transient guests or seasonal tenants been rescinded?
- My municipality passed a proclamation like the County Resolution but with different restrictions, which should I follow?
- What is the penalty for violating the resolution?
- Are first responders and/or healthcare workers permitted to be lodged by a hotel, motel, campground, guest house or other transient, seasonal and short-term rental business?
- Am I permitted to take reservations, enter rental agreements and accept deposits for future guests or lessees?
- Am I able to perform work to prepare my business for the season?
- I have a condo that I rent during the summer season and want to allow friends, who want to leave New York City, to come stay for free. Does this violate the County Resolution?
- I am currently displaced from my home due to a fire, am I allowed to secure a short term rental under the County resolution?
- Are seasonal employees permitted to be lodged in a hotel, motel, campground, guest house or other transient, seasonal and short-term rental business?
- If I’m a customer, employee, or operator of a business, what social distancing guidelines should I follow?
- What are the requirements for operating businesses?
- What are additional requirements for bars and resturants?
- Are there Guidelines Regarding Outdoor Dining?
- Are there Guidelines for Swimming Pools and Public Recreational Bathing?
- Is there Guidance for Visiting beaches and Pools?
- Are there Guidelines for Public Gatherings?
- Are there specific guidelines for Public Pool, Hot tubs and water playgrounds During Covid-19?
- What social distancing measures can community farmers markets and on-farm retail outlets take to protect the well-being of staff and customers?
- Is there Guidance for Cleaning Rental Properties?